For the last 15 or so years, I have worn all black on Valentine's Day. Mostly to be funny.
I am not opposed to Valentine's Day, in fact I love holidays, but I've always found it to be rather cheesy, over-commercialized, and definitely non-inclusive.
A few years ago, I found myself on a business trip in Monterrey, Mexico on February 14. I discovered two things about our neighbors to the south: 1) the men don't complain about Valentine's Day (my Mexican colleague explained it's because they're more romantic than American men), and 2) they call it the Day of Love & Friendship. Now that's inclusive!
Fortunately I've been successful at keeping myself busy on Valentine's Day by making treats for my friends and planning girls' night out. So hooray for love & friendship!
Speaking of love, props to BF for a memorable February 14th!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sounds great to me! A guy who cooks, is handy and loves your doggy? Nice!! :) I'm glad you had a wonderful day. How was the symphony?
That does sound like a nice Valentine's Day! Ethan is going to preschool at a PISD preschool and the school district celebrates "Friendship Day" rather than Valentine's. It was fun for Ethan to have a "Friendship Party"!
Post a Comment