So our big push at work right now is for "Golden Rule Customer Service." Including customer service internally - from one employee to another.
Yesterday morning I left the office for an off-site meeting. I noticed that the exit gate was hanging down as if it were about to fall on the next car to pass underneath. So I drove in reverse about 100 feet or so and turned around to use the other exit (because, given my luck, the gate would fall on me and my new car if I dared to run the gauntlet).
Being a good employee, I used my mobile phone to call the facilities help desk. No one answered, so I left a message about the gate.
Two hours later, I returned to the office to find a voicemail telling me that "you need to call protective services (i.e., security) since the gate is their responsibility."
What the H??? Wouldn't golden rule customer service, to me and every other employee exiting the building, include the facilities help desk notifying security about this problem? In the same amount of time or less than it took to call me and leave a message? In fact, they could even forward the voicemail I left them, which takes about 1.5 seconds.
I'm wondering what Risk Management would think..........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment