Yesterday I was on the phone with my friend Rachel while she was driving home from getting her hair cut. When she arrived home, there was a note on her door from her neighbor. A baby SNAKE was seen crawling under her door into her apartment! Too scared to enter, she went to the office where they called the on-call maintenance guy. MG finally called back to say that a snake in an apartment is NOT an emergency. WHAT???
Since MG was totally worthless, Rachel called at 12:30 on her way home from the Rangers game and we came up with a plan. Armed with flashlights, Spencer dog and I went to her apartment for a snake search. I seriously do not know what I would have done if I'd actually FOUND the snake. After quite a bit of searching and sniffing, there was no sign of a slithery serpent. While I returned home to sleep in my own bed, Spencer had an impromptu slumber party with Rachel so he could protect her against any unwanted guests in her bed. I can only hope he'd actually make himself useful in such a situation, but at any rate it helped her sleep better.
This incident reminded me of the many snake stories I've heard...and yep, pretty much all of them have happened in Texas...snakes in dryers and in ovens...oh my.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh my lands. TOO FUNNY.
i was going to leave a comment for jen, but molly..."oh my lands" ?? Are you prematurely aging?? :) hahaha. go eat some banana caramel pie and welcome yourself BACK.
I have a mental image of you and Spencer running in to save the day. What a crack up!
It's safe to say you are at least 90 times braver than I.
Post a Comment